UNESCO hosts the 4th ANGEL (Academic Network on Global Education and Learning) International Conference 2023 focused on Global education & learning, education for sustainability, and global citizenship education.
Open License 2.0
19 June 2023 – 20 June 2023EVENT
Global Education and Learning for a Just, Peaceful and Sustainable World
19 June 2023 – 9:00 am – 20 June 2023 – 6:00 pm
UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France
Room VIII bis
Cat VIII – Symposia
Arrangement type :
EnglishAdd to calendar
About the conference
How can education contribute to creating a more just, peaceful, and sustainable world, and what specific actions can be taken to ensure that education is fulfilling this role? These questions will be the focus of the ANGEL Network International Conference organized in partnership with UNESCO on 19-20 June 2023 at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
The event will gather 250 academics, policy-makers and practitioners to showcase and discuss research, projects, and new developments connected to Global Education and Learning or Global Citizenship Education (GCED), and other related fields such as Development Education, Human Rights Education, Education for Sustainable Development, Education for Peace, and Intercultural Education. It will offer a mixture of plenary sessions, workshops, paper presentations, and networking.
Major event themes
- Global Citizenship Education for Social Justice
- Peace Education in a World of Conflict and Discord
- Global Education and Learning for a Sustainable World
What will be discussed at the event?
- Current challenges for Global Education and Learning and Global Citizenship Education
- Global Education and learning supporting the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Relationship to formal and informal education at different levels and life stages
- Connection between Global Citizenship Education and Education for Sustainability
- Role of Global education and learning in reimagining the futures of education
Plenary sessions will be live-streamed, with simultaneous interpretation provided in English and French. Breakout sessions will be in English by default, unless specific proposals are made that require other languages.
The event is organised with the cooperation of Global Education Network Europe (GENE); Institute of Education (IOE), UCL’s Faculty of Education & Society; and the UNESCO Chair in GCED in Higher Education, based at the University of Bologna.
° UNESCO does not endorse any product, service, brand or company.